Sample letter of applicant to the Irish Visa Officer

April 5, 2007


THE VISA OFFICER
Immigration and Citizenship Division
Department of Justice Equality and Law Reform
72-76 St. Stephen’s Green
Dublin 2, Ireland

Dear Sir,

Greetings of Peace!

I would like to apply for a holiday/visit visa, I was invited by my fiancee, Liam Smith to visit his country before we get married on June 30, 2007 to experience his country, its climate, culture, etc. I have been acquainted with Mr. Liam Smith since April 2005 through letters, long distance calls and text messages. Mr. Smith was introduce to me by a friend, Luisa Kenny.

Mr. Smith visited me in the (mention country) last September 21 to October 7, 2006 and stayed in my town for sometime. We have been together for two weeks and enjoy each company. Mr. Smith was able to experience my country, its culture, the people and the climate. While he was here, we were engaged and will get married on June 30, 2007.

I have been engaged in a business since July 8, 2006 to the present and all my savings was put into it. Thus the level of money on my bank fluctuates. I have enough and sufficient income from my business and from my salary to augment my finances. At the same time Mr. Smith will take care of all my finances during my stay in Ireland.

I hereby promise that, I will observe the conditions of my visa and that I will not become a burden on the State, and that I will leave the State on the expiration of my permission to remain. I promise to return to (mention your country) after my one month vacation from April 2, 2007 until May 1, 2007 and to return to my work on May 2, 2007 and to prepare for our wedding on June 30, 2007.

For additional information please find attached receipts of our engagement and wedding ring, air tickets, pictures and some letters he sent, etc.

May I refer you also to the following persons for your perusal and verification for the information I gave.

(Here you have to give at least 2 references.)

I am hoping for your generous and kind hearted assessment to my application.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours.

Mary Gavilan